Water Filter to Remove Chlorine
- Moderate to heavy consumption of chlorinated tap water by pregnant women has been linked with miscarriage, birth defects, heart problems, cleft palate, and major brain defects.
- The presence of chlorine in tap water has been linked to the dramatic rise of heart disease in the United States. Scientists argue that chlorine is a primary cause of the development of atherosclerosis, or hardening of the arteries.
- Studies show chlorinated water is toxic to human intestinal bacteria, the body’s natural flora that converts organic compounds in our food into necessary nutrients.
- The American Journal of Epidemiology contains one of a number of studies that report chlorine disinfection byproducts (DBPs) are responsible for the increase in rectal and bladder cancers.
- Several research journals, including Environmental Health Perspectives, call the chlorine disinfectant byproduct Mutagen X (or MX) one of the most deadly carcinogens in tap water.
- After large rainstorms, your municipal water center may add more chlorine to the water supply to treat the potentially larger number of microorganisms due to runoff or sewage discharges.
- During the summer, surface water used for drinking contains more organic material and, as a result, DBP levels are often higher than they are in the fall and other times of the years.
- Chlorinated water increases the amount of heavy metals such as lead and copper that are leached from pipes into tap water.
Chlorine has been used as a disinfectant for water purification for nearly 100 years. Unfortunately the negative side effects from ingesting this common chemical have become known in recent years. If you have been looking for ways to get chlorine out of tap water, contact Purity Bay today and learn about our home and commercial water filtration systems. Contact us today for a free quote on how to remove chlorine from water today!
- Chloramine is lethal to aquatic animals and, like chlorine, must be removed from tap water with treatment products that are readily available from pet stores.
- Like chlorine, chloramine must be removed from municipal water before it is used for kidney dialysis. Chlorine and chloramine can harm kidney dialysis patients during the dialysis process if they permeate the dialysis barrier and come into contact with the blood of a dialysis patient.
- Chloramines are all respiratory irritants with trichloramine being the most toxic (order of toxicity: monochloramine < dichloramine < trichloramine-most severe.)
Exceptional Water Quality!
“Tyler and Jaime at Pure Solutions are professional in every detail. They help to find out what is needed and wanted and deliver a workable, affordable solution to handle any problems with the water. Highly recommended.”
Best Product on Market!
“My father has built houses for over 40 years and he has assured me that a water processor is an essential addition to a healthy home (and it adds to the resale value). I know for a fact that we made the right decision when we purchased our Purity Bay water processor.”
Best Decision I Made!
“We have purchased the Purity Bay water filter system and it has done wonderful things for our family: our water is softer; water boils and heats faster (we had to turn our water heater temperature down); clothes are softer and easier to iron; we use less soap, shampoo and conditioner, which in turn saves us money.“