Bacteria and Microbial Water Filter
Both bacteria and viruses are microorganisms regulated by EPA’s Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCLs) criteria. Viruses are the smallest form of microorganisms capable of causing disease, particularly those of a fecal origin infectious to humans by waterborne transmission; bacteria are typically single-celled microorganisms that can also cause health problems in humans, animals or plants, despite many form’s abilities to aid in water pollution control. In order to ensure bacteria removal from your home water supply, invest in a microbial water filter. In order to ensure bacteria removal from your home water supply, invest in a microbial water filter.
Common waterborne bacteria and viruses and their health concerns
Various types of bacteria/viruses are categorized as pathogens, disease-causing organisms that can be found in pretreated and/or inadequately treated water. Here is a list of EPA regulated bacteria/viruses in drinking water, and their health risks:
- Legionella, a bacteria found naturally in the environment — typically in water, thrives in warm waters; this bacteria in water is a health risk if aerosolized (e.g., in a shower or air conditioning system) and inhaled, resulting in a type of pneumonia known as Legionnaires disease.
- Enteroviruses are small viruses, such as polioviruses, echoviruses and coxsackieviruses, living in the intestines of infected humans or animals; in addition to the three different polioviruses are 62-nonpolio enteroviruses that can cause disease in humans ranging from gastroenteritis to meningitis.
- Turbidity refers to the cloudiness of water and, although not a bacterium/virus, can hinder disinfection, providing an environment for microbial growth and can indicate the presence of bacteria/viruses as well as other disease-causing organisms that can produce symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, cramps and headaches.
- Coliforms are bacteria naturally present in the environment and used as indicators that other possibly harmful bacteria may be present (a warning sign is if coliforms are found in more samples than allowed).
- Fecal indicators, Enterococci or coliphage, are microbes that can indicate human or animal wastes in water; they can cause short-term health effects, including: Cramps, nausea, diarrhea, headaches and more, and may pose a greater risk for people with severely weak immune systems, elderly, young children and infants (Enterococci are bacterial indicators of fecal contamination and coliphage are viruses that infect E. coli).
- E. coli and fecal coliform are bacteria whose presence can indicate water contaminated by human or animal wastes, causing short-term health effects, including: Cramps, nausea, diarrhea, headaches and more; they may also pose a greater risk for people with severely weak immune systems, elderly, young children and infants.
Exceptional Water Quality!
“Tyler and Jaime at Pure Solutions are professional in every detail. They help to find out what is needed and wanted and deliver a workable, affordable solution to handle any problems with the water. Highly recommended.”
Best Product on Market!
“My father has built houses for over 40 years and he has assured me that a water processor is an essential addition to a healthy home (and it adds to the resale value). I know for a fact that we made the right decision when we purchased our Purity Bay water processor.”
Best Decision I Made!
“We have purchased the Purity Bay water filter system and it has done wonderful things for our family: our water is softer; water boils and heats faster (we had to turn our water heater temperature down); clothes are softer and easier to iron; we use less soap, shampoo and conditioner, which in turn saves us money.“