A water softener is a device that removes indigestible crushed rock (such as calcium and magnesium) from hard water and replaces them with sodium or potassium ions.
For those living in Tampa Bay and the rest of Florida, hard water is a common problem. Residents would benefit from installing a water softener in their home. This is because hard water contains high levels of crushed rock particles, which can cause scale buildup in pipes and appliances, as well as leave unsightly stains on surfaces like sinks, bathtubs, and showers.
The main benefits of a water softener are:
- Reduced crushed rock Buildup: Water softeners prevent corrosion buildup in pipes, faucets, and appliances, such as dishwashers and washing machines. This extends their lifespan and reduces the need for repairs.
- Improved Water Quality: Soft water is gentler on skin and hair, and produces less soap scum and residue. This can result in cleaner clothes and dishes.
- Cost Savings: Soft water requires less soap, shampoo, and detergent to produce lather, resulting in cost savings on these household items. It can also lead to energy savings, as appliances that use soft water are more efficient and require less energy to operate.
- Increased Efficiency: Water softeners improve the efficiency of appliances by reducing mineral buildup and prolonging their lifespan. This can result in reduced energy consumption and lower utility bills.
- Improved Taste: Soft water has a better taste than hard water, which can contain high levels of nondigestible minerals that affect the flavor of drinks and food.
Overall, a water softener can provide a range of benefits that improve the quality of life, save money, and increase the efficiency of household appliances.
Because of the ammonia and chlorine in Florida’s water, conventional water softeners usually break down once a year. This makes for a lot of service calls, and many other companies who sell these rely on this repeat revenue stream to generate cash flow. We don’t.
Here is the difference at Purity Bay – we focus on quality, and our systems come with a lifetime warranty. We manufacture our own systems, customize to anything our customers desire, and can beat the price of any other company’s water softener.
Schedule your estimate today to find out if a water conditioner is right for you.
Whole House Water Filtration Systems
|Problems||Water Softener||Water Conditioner||Purity Bay 10-Stage|
|Calcium & Magnesium||Spots on dishes||✓||✓||✓|
|Chlorine||Loss of bone strength, athsma/allergies, carcinogen||×||✓||✓|
|Ammonia||Corrosion of pipes, nausea, diarhhea, algae growth||×||✓||✓|
|Lead||Kidney/liver damage, corrosion of pipes, child development issues||×||Some||✓|
|Chromium||Cancer risk, respiratory irritant, irritated skin||×||×||✓|
|Mercury||Neurological & kidney damage, soil contamination||×||×||✓|
|Microbes & Bacteria||Waterborne diseases, odor and taste issues, corrosion of pipes||×||×||✓|
|Medications||Hormonal imbalances, child development issues||×||×||✓|
|Radon||Increased risk of lung cancer, air pollution, corrosion of pipes||×||×||✓|
|Arsenic||Skin lesions, bladder, liver or lung cancer, child development issues, destruction of plants or crops||×||×||✓|